Performer Barrels caliber 12 and 20
Bernardelli Performer Barrels can come with either fixed chokes or interchangeable choke tubes and feature Modified Geometry forcing cones between chamber and bore and between bore diameter and muzzle diameter.
Our Performer barrels come with the following features:
- Modified Geometry between chamber and bore which gives the pressure generated by the load a bigger area to dissipate thus reducing the violence of the shot but not the speed or penetration power.
- The employment of heavier and heavier loads in general and STEEL Shot in particular generate stronger pressures and faster wear of the forcing cones: the shorter the cones, the stronger the pressure and the faster the wear.
- This is especially true with barrels choked Full (*) and Improved Modified (**) where the only possible solution is to lengthen the forcing cone as much as possible. What are the Bernardelli Modified Geometry advantages?
- Reduced pressure of the shot against the barrel walls – this pressure is very strong with STEEL shot.
- Improved flow of the shot down the barrels – the shot lose less energy pushing against the choke walls.
- The improved flow also reduces the number of shot vortexes - shot do not interfere with one another during their trajectory
- The results of what is described above are improved speed, penetration and better grouping.
“PERFORMER” barrels come in the following calibers and choke constrictions:
- 810-mm long, choked Full (*).
- 680-mm long, choked Modified (***).
- 710-mm long and interchangeable choke tubes 70 mm in length.
- In the case of 12ga, 710-mm barrels with interchangeable choke tubes, the length of the choke tubes is modified to get to the same result of a longer forcing cone.
- All barrels choked Full (*), including the 810-mm long ones, are tested for STEEL shot at the National Proof House.
- 710-mm long, choked Full (*).
- 660-mm long, choked Modified (***).